Zuyd University in brief
Zuyd University is a university of applied sciences situated in the Dutch province of Limburg, the southernmost part of the Netherlands. This strategic location is at the heart of one of Europe's most important and prosperous regions, the Meuse-Rhine Euroregion. Brussels and Antwerp (Belgium) and the German Ruhr area are scarcely an hour's drive away, and cities such as Frankfurt and Paris just a few hours.
Zuyd University has a staff of more than 1,550 working at three different locations in the cities of Maastricht, Heerlen and Sittard-Geleen. Its student body numbers well over 13,200.
Zuyd University offers the widest range of programmes. With the exception of agricultural science, it practically offers every programme availabe in the Netherlands, plus a number of international study programmes. The approximately fifty programmes are divided into six different sectors:
• Economics, Languages and Communication
• Health Care
• Behaviour and Society
• Fine Arts, Music and Drama
• Technology and Engineering
Each programme lasts four years and leads to a Bachelor's degree. Zuyd University also offers a number of Master's degree programmes.
Many of the Bachelor's programmes have ties with foreign educational institutions.
For example, Zuyd University is a member of HORA EST, a network of universities of applied sciences in the Meuse-Rhine Euroregion. Several schools are members of the Magellan Exchange, a consortium of European and American universities.
14% of Zuyd University's students come from outside the Netherlands.
(Source: Zuyd University website)
International or exchange programmes
Incoming exchange students
The following programmes provide opportunities for study exchange programmes:
• International Business and Management Studies (IBMS)
• European Studies (HEBO)
• Maastricht Hotel Management School
• Communication & MultiMedia Design
• Academy of Fine Arts Maastricht (ABKM)
• Maastricht Academy of Music (Conservatorium)
• MBA Hotel and Tourism Management
• Innovative Hospitality Management
• MA Comparative European Social Studies
Check out the information on the websites of these international programmes or contact the departmental co-ordinator.
For German students:
The following programmes are suitable for German students.
• Commercial Engineering
• Hochschulstudium Ergotherapy (Occupational Therapy for German students
• Bachelor Speech Therapy for German speech therapists (Bachelorstudiengang Logopaedie
• Bachelor Physiotherapy for German fysiotherapists (Bachelorstudiengang Physiotherapie)
(Source: Zuyd University website international or exchange programmes)
More information? Please go to the Zuyd University website.